Running alongside our “Let’s Get Physical!” campaign is an initiativeto promote improved choice and sustained excellence in the delivery of bothmedications and talking therapies for people with a serious mental illness.Both of these projects are supported by Hafal, Bipolar UK and the Mental HealthFoundation with Diverse Cymru helping us ensure that we reach out to minorityand disadvantaged communities.
As part of our initiative to improve treatments in Wales, Hafal calls for psychological therapies to be more readilyavailable across Wales for people with a serious mental illness.
Our 5 Point Plan calls for:
- Psychological therapies to be widely and routinely availableacross Wales for people with a serious mental illness
- Fast and priorityaccess to psychological therapies for people using secondary mental healthservices
- Psychologicaltherapies to be routinely included in Care and Treatment Plans for peoplereceiving secondary mental health services
- Psychologicaltherapies to be widely available and to become standard provision within mentalhealth units and hospitals
- A full range ofpsychological interventions to be available for people with a severe andenduring mental illness, who may need both a specialist intervention at a secondarycare level as well as a primary care level intervention for depression, stress,anxiety, etc.