The outbreak of coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) has affected all of our lives and may be causing you concern and anxiety.
While it‘s important to stay informed there are also things we can do to manage our wellbeing during such times.
These are some sources of key information on keeping safe and maintaining your mental health:
- Latest information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) from Public Health Wales, including information on what to do if you have symptoms, and what action you need to take to prevent its spread: https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Symptom Checker from NHS Direct Wales: https://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/SelfAssessments/symptomcheckers/?ScName=CoronaVirusCOVID19&SCTId=175
Mental health information:
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing: excellent advice from Mind on how to look after your mental health if you are worried about the situation, or if you are asked to self-isolate: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
- Tips from the Mental Health Foundation on dealing with the media coverage of coronavirus and reducing anxiety: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-coronavirus-outbreak?fbclid=IwAR15hla6I1MI11MdisvppqIFQF6IpCYbjJh-uCt02-9N0aGI1yq4rjz8lag
- Official advice from the World Health Organisation on maintaining mental well-being during the coronavirus outbreak: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/mental-health-considerations.pdf?sfvrsn=6d3578af_8
- Advice from Rethink Mental Illness for carers of people with a serious mental illness on dealing with the coronavirus outbreak: https://www.rethink.org/news-and-stories/blogs/2020/03/coronavirus-advice-for-carers-of-those-with-severe-mental-illness/
- Hafal’s five tips on looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak: https://www.hafal.org/2020/03/five-tips-for-looking-after-your-mental-health-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/
How to stay well during the coronavirus outbreak: Hafal’s tips for people with a mental illness: https://www.hafal.org/2020/03/how-to-stay-well-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak-tips-for-people-with-a-mental-illness/
Information for Hafal service users
Hafal has put in place local and national plans to manage the impact of coronavirus on our services, ensuring vital support is maintained while also keeping everyone as safe as possible. We are keeping regularly updated on the situation and following guidance from Public Health Wales.
To ensure that we are able to continue to support our beneficiaries we are working Wales-wide to coordinate our response. We have appointed a team within the organisation to deal with Covid 19 issues and this is led by Judith Major who is the National Coordinator.
The wellbeing of our clients and staff remains our priority. We are taking all necessary precautions and will be reviewing the situation and updating our information regularly.
If you have any queries then please contact your local staff team and services or call Head Office on 01792 816600 (open during normal office hours).
Support for people across Wales
Hafal’s Promise provides continuous support, advice and friendship to people beyond our services via our on-line community, email, phone and social media.
In response to the coronavirus outbreak we will ensure that Hafal’s Promise continues to be implemented and delivered across Wales. If you feel that your mental health is being affected by coronavirus, please access Hafal’s Promise.
At Hafal we support people with mental health problems – with a special emphasis on those with a serious mental illness – and their carers and families; we also support others with a range of disabilities and their carers and families.
Hafal is committed to providing help, support, advice and friendship for people in Wales, including carers, and because we feel so strongly about this, we will take responsibility ourselves wherever necessary to ensure that they will not have to cope alone.
If you want our help just ask and we will keep our Promise.
Here are some ways you can access and support our service:
- Become a Member
- Join our online community Clic
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us on 01792 816600
- Find contact details for your local Hafal project
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram