Our advocacy services provide the support you need to make sure your views and wishes are heard – and that you can fully understand and exercise your rights. All of our advocacy services work to empower our clients to self-advocate and speak up for themselves.
Our fully trained advocates will listen carefully to your views and concerns and support you to make informed choices. This is an empowering process where the advocate takes a facilitating role, not giving their personal opinion or making judgements but providing practical support which enables the client to make their own decisions. This includes:
- providing you with information and advice on your legal rights
- listening to your concerns and helping you explore what would improve the situation
- supporting you to contact relevant people/agencies, or doing this on your behalf
- accompanying you to appointments
- helping you record your views/requests if you find it difficult to talk with professionals.
Our advocates provide a personalised service which is sensitive to each individual’s needs and situation.
For more information on our advocacy services please contact Hafal at:
Hafal Head Office
Lakeside Technology Park
Swansea SA7 9FE
Tel: 01792 816600