Summer 2016 will see mental health carers in each of the 22 counties come together for a BIG Carers’ Tea Break.
We’re taking time out to meet up and enjoy afternoon tea, have a chat and provide mutual support to fellow carers. We’ll also have the opportunity to sample some wellbeing and pamper activities, get tips at a carers’
information marketplace, and receive some advice and support on carer’s assessments.
These events will be at the core of our wider campaign which will:-
- Make our collective voice heard so that carers have their say at a local and national level on how mental health services are planned and delivered
- Empower individual carers to play a full part in planning the care and treatment of the person they care for
- Inform carers across Wales by providing them with high-quality, up-to-date information on benefits, treatments and local services
- Ensure we get excellent carer’s assessments under the new Social Services and Wellbeing Act by delivering key advice and support to carers.
Watch the HafalTV report from our campaign launch event below.
- Find out when your county tea break takes place
- Download our ’10 Point Plan’ for carers
- Download our Carer’s Assessment request form
- Find out more about the needs of carers and the actions which need to be taken by mental health services
- Get more details, background and context to the campaign
- Follow the campaign on our Facebook and Twitter pages
- Join Hafal.