Let’s Talk About Psychological Therapies is a Hafal initiative funded for three years by the Big Lottery People and Places Programme. Its purpose is to promote access to evidence based psychological (or talking) therapies for people within Wales with a serious mental illness.
The initiative was developed by Hafal’s Expert Leadership Panel (HELP) – a group of users and carers who use their direct experience to assist Hafal in campaigning and the development and delivery of services.
Launched at the Senedd on World Mental Health Day 2016, ‘Let’s Talk’ involves:
- Development of a Psychological Therapies Centre of Excellence Observatory
- An Observatory Members Network
- Design and development of user-friendly guides about talking therapies
- Dedicated web pages and a forum where people can find information about the availability of talking therapies
- Training programmes for staff and interested groups
- Feedback to LHBs about the therapies they provide
- Best practice case studies.