Our two regional Hafal Members’ Days will be held in the coming weeks, each providing a packed day of activities for service users and carers!
The regional Members’ Days take place at:-
- South Wales – The Liberty Stadium, Swansea: Thursday, 25th October
- North Wales – Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay: Thursday, 15th November
The programme for each event includes:-
- An update on the Charity’s achievements from Trustees and Hafal’s Executive Team
- Mental Health Act workshops – a chance for Members to have their say on how this law should be reformed
- Updates from the Mental Health UK Mental Health & Money Advice service, Cyfle Cymru, Clic and other exciting national projects providing key new support and services across Wales
- An opportunity to hear from a Time to Change Wales Champion about the campaign’s work to challenge stigma and discrimination
- Members’ Question Time – an opportunity for Hafal Members to ask questions and provide feedback directly to Hafal’s Trustees and Executive Team.
Guests will also have the opportunity to network and share experiences, visit the interactive display showcasing Hafal services across Wales, take part in an art and craft workshops, and get one-to-one advice on benefits, caring issues, employment and more.
Chief Executive Alun Thomas said: “We’re looking forward to two fun and informative days. Our Members are people from across Wales who have been affected by mental illness. They lead Hafal’s work and this is one of the many opportunities they have to provide feedback and set our direction for the future.
“We also look forward to celebrating our fantastic achievements from across Wales over the past year.”