The All Wales Senior Nurse Advisory Group consists of senior mental health nurses from each Health Board and the Higher Education establishments that provide education for mental health nurses here in Wales. We report to
- The Nurse Directors Group
- Office of the Chief Nursing Officer, Welsh Government
Our aims are:
- To provide professional advice
- To support the implementation of policy
- To advise on current issues in mental health nursing
As part of our work plan, we are developing a Framework. The Framework will set out our vision and actions that we wish to drive in Wales to ensure that people with mental health needs are treated with dignity, respect, and receive the care and support they need and deserve. It establishes what we think are important in terms of:
- The particular contribution of mental health nursing, and the impact this has on people experiencing mental health problems and their families
- The potential for mental health nurses to contribute to the transformation of mental health services
- What do we need to do differently, and what we need to keep doing
As part of developing the Framework, we are speaking to people who use mental health services, their families and carers, student nurses, nurses from all fields and other professional who work in the health and social care sectors. Please let us know your thoughts on the questions below by 19th October 2018.
- What should mental health nurses carry on doing?
- What should mental health nurses do differently?
You can contact us via Hafal at: Hafal, Unit B3, Lakeside Technology Park, Phoenix Way, Llansamlet, Swansea SA7 9FE Tel: 01792 816 600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can tweet @MHAWSNAG #Framework