Hafal, as part of Mental Health UK has today launched Mental Health & Money Advice.
It is the first UK-wide advice service dedicated to supporting people affected by mental health and money issues including carers, friends, families and professionals within the area.
We’re here for anyone with a mental illness who is struggling with their money, as well as anyone whose financial problems are affecting their mental health.
Four million people in the UK have both mental health and money problems, and a further four million are at risk because they’re having financial difficulties.
Together these issues can create a worrying cycle that can lead to problems with relationships, work and housing.
While there are many excellent debt advice services available, this service is able to offer mental health support alongside advice.
What does Mental Health and Money Advice do?
Our website provides free and impartial information, support and advice for anyone affected by mental health and money issues. That includes support for friends, families, carers and professionals working in the area.
What help is available on the Mental Health & Money Advice website?
- Expert advice: Managing your mental health and money can be confusing. Our advice sections break down the most commonly requested information and resources surrounding mental health and money into plain English/Welsh.
- Free financial tools and calculators: To help you better manage your money, we provide a range of free online budgeting tools and calculators to help you plan ahead and stay on track.
- Sample letters and templates: When dealing with money issues, may have to write and send letters to legal, medical, or other professional organisations. Our bank of template letters give you an example of what to write, so all you have to do is fill in the blanks.
- Real life stories: When it comes to understanding money and mental health issues, it helps to hear from other people who might have been in a similar situation to you. Our real life stories give first-person accounts of how people just like you have overcome their mental health and money issues to get back on track.
- Useful contacts: Sometimes you’ll need more information than what’s covered on our website. For each area of advice we offer, we provide a list of useful contacts for when you need to speak to someone directly or over the phone, or need more detailed information.
Who is behind Mental Health & Money Advice?
Hafal as part of Mental Health UK has developed Mental Health & Money Advice. Mental Health UK is a UK-wide charity that represents four its four founding member charities; Rethink Mental Illness in England, Hafal in Wales, Support in Mind in Scotland and MindWise in Northern Ireland.
Mental Health UK is proud to work with Lloyds Banking Group as their charity partner for 2017 and 2018. Colleagues voted overwhelmingly to support Mental Health UK and have since embraced the partnership through fundraising and volunteering. Over £3 million has been raised so far, exceeding the £2 million ambition for this year.
Colleagues fundraising, expertise, time and generous support has enabled Mental Health UK to develop and launch Mental Health & Money Advice.
Visit Mental Health & Money Advice today to find out how we can support you.