‘Mair’s Manifesto’, a call to action for National Assembly for Wales election candidates, sets out the key concerns of Welsh mental health charity Hafal’s Members, as presented by Hafal Trustee Mair Elliott.
The Manifesto, which represents the views of over 1500 Members across Wales, presents five actions to support improved mental health services in Wales which candidates from all parties can commit to.
Mair comments: “The National Assembly elections are very important for Hafal Members, particularly as health is the responsibility of the Welsh Government in Cardiff. So if you want to improve services for people with a mental illness and their carers, remember to use your vote – and to ask candidates to commit to these five key actions!”
The key actions are to:-
- 1. Increase and protect funding for mental health
- 2. Improve support for young people
- 3. Increase access to psychological therapies
- 4. Support equality for people with a mental illness and their carers
- 5. Work with service users and carers in an equal relationship.
- Hafal Chief Executive Alun Thomas said: “Hafal Members are calling on the Welsh public to ask election candidates exactly what they plan to do about these important issues. We need to continue to improve services for people across Wales in the next Assembly – and getting candidates to commit to the five key actions is the first step towards this.”
To download the Manifesto go to: http://www.hafal.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Mairs-Manifesto.pdf