Hafal Members’ Day, which will be held at the Members Centre, Royal Welsh Showground, Builth Wells on Thursday 5th November 2015, will celebrate the hugely successful service user and carer-led campaign All Together Now! – and provide a packed day of activities for service users and carers. The Conference incorporates Hafal’s AGM and will include an interactive exhibition showcasing Hafal’s work across Wales.
Hafal Events and Training Coordinator Dawn Williams said: “Two hundred and fifty delegates, mostly people with a serious mental illness and their families, are booked to attend the Conference. They’ll have a unique opportunity to share experiences with people from other areas and to celebrate the success of this year’s campaign.”
At this year’s Members’ Day there will be a separate programme of tailored events for service users and carers.
Service users will hve the opportunity to:-
- Learn from Time to Change Wales Champions about key ways to challenge stigma and discrimination
- Get information from the Mid & West Wales Fire & Rescue Service about how to keep safe at home
- Get advice from the Welsh Ambulance Service about choosing the right NHS services as part of the ‘Choose Well’ campaign.
Carers will have the opportunity to take part in the All Wales Mental Health Carers Forum and participate in workshops looking at:-
- Improving carer involvement
- Identifying key carers’ issues
- Setting priorities for research and campaigning.
Guests will also enjoy a range of activities including:-
- Art and craft workshops
- Tai chi
…and lots more!
In addition, guests will also receive updates on a number of groundbreaking Hafal initiatives including:-
- Our new in-patient Recovery Centre
- ‘Making Sense’ – Hafal’s initiative to improve services for young people
- Connect for Recovery – Hafal’s new online community.