Hafal’s work across the 22 counties of Wales will be showcased at the charity’s “Road to Recovery” autumn conference which takes place in Builth Wells tomorrow (November 11th).
The conference marks the culmination of Hafal’s “Road to Recovery” 2010 campaign which saw a VW microbus travel to all the counties of Wales to find out what service users and carers want from local services.
Visitors to the conference will have the opportunity to explore 22 interactive county exhibitions showcasing the wide range of work undertaken by Wales’ principal charity for people with serious mental illness and their carers.
A number of seminars will take place throughout the day including:
● Hafal’s work with young people: hear all about the new developments from our Young People’s Lead
● Short Steps: get an update on the first year of Hafal’s national employment project
● Users’ Rally: give us your views on the coming year’s campaigning and have your say on key mental health issues
● Carers’ Forum: tell us about your needs and priorities and help shape our campaigns agenda.
● Yoga classes
● Music with Rikki Withers, the Voice of Hafal
● “Hell’s Kitchen” with Hafal’s masterchefs (return by popular demand!)
● Art workshops where visitors can create their own souvenirs of the day.
Two hundred delegates have been booked to attend the conference. Visitors will be able to talk to Hafal’s Learning Centre staff about opportunities for learning and network over coffee in the Hafal Network Café.